Named after the Miles Davis song of the same name, Voodoo Down was born from an attempt to create a food-friendly Whiskey Sour. “The ginger and honey are really soothing for the stomach,” explains Leo Robitschek. Likewise, the lemon and elderflower cleanse the palate, making it the ideal companion for dinner.
Leo Robitschek, Eleven Madison Park | New York
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1/4 ounce ginger syrup (1:1, ginger juice:turbinado sugar)
- 1/4 ounce honey syrup (1:1, clover honey:water)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain
- 1/2 ounce Trinidadian rum
- 1 ounce bourbon, preferably Elijah Craig 12-year
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a double rocks glass over ice.