Essentially a tropical sherry sour, this drink—from the team behind Miami Beach’s alt-hostel oasis—mixes together rich cream sherry with tart passion fruit puree and hibiscus syrup for a veritable flower bed of a cocktail.
- 2 ounces cream sherry
- 1 ounce passion fruit puree
- 1/2 ounce hibiscus syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
Garnish: mint sprig and flower
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with mint sprig and a flower.
To make hibiscus syrup, add 1 cup water, 1 cup dried hibiscus blossoms and 1 lemon peel to a pot and bring to boil. Add 1 cup sugar, and stir to dissolve. Turn off heat and allow to cool before storing in the refrigerator in an airtight container.