Increasingly, modern classic cocktails have spawned a bevy of offshoots that might just pave the way for a new chapter in the modern classic canon—modern classics, remixed. Orlando Franklin McCray’s White Negroni Fizz, for instance, transforms the fairer Negroni with the addition of soda water, a splash of lemon juice and a store-bought vegan foamer into a tall frothy, well, fizz.
- 1 1/2 ounces navy strength gin, preferably Hayman’s Royal Dock
- 1 1/4 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Cap Corse Blanc
- 3/4 ounce Salers aperitif
- Scant 1/2 ounce cane syrup
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 7 drops Ms. Betters Miraculous Foamer
- Soda water, to top
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled highball glass over ice at the same time as soda water.