As the name implies, Orlando Franklin McCray’s hybrid cocktail takes the traditional build of the fairer Negroni, opting for Salers instead of Suze and blanc vermouth in place of Lillet, and tops the whole thing with tonic water and a lemon wedge.
- 1 1/2 ounces London dry gin
- 1 ounce blanc vermouth
- 3/4 ounce Salers Aperitif
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- Tonic water, to top (preferably Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic)
Garnish: manicured lemon wedge
- Stir all ingredients with cracked ice until chilled and diluted.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Insert a bar spoon into the glass and pour the tonic water down the coil of the spoon to integrate all ingredients.
- Garnish with a manicured lemon wedge.