For Parm Boyz, serving aperitiki cocktails, like the White Negroni Piña Colada, at their twice-monthly Italian-American pop-up made perfect sense. The concept of aperitiki offered a way to bring the unexpected to a red-sauce concept in the form of tropical drinks, but do them in a way that keeps the Italian through-line while leaning low-ABV, so the drinks are better companions with food.
- 1 ounce mezcal, preferably Mal Bien
- 1/2 ounce Suze
- 1/2 ounce Mahina Coconut Rhum Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup(1:1, sugar:water)
Garnish: Angostura bitters, pineapple frond
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Fine-strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with several dashes of Angostura bitters and garnish with a pineapple leaf.