In this fluffy take on the modern classic, Orlando Franklin McCray swaps the traditional Lillet Blanc for quinquina, which adds spice, depth and a subtle bitterness. Lemon juice and a vegan foaming agent (in lieu of egg white) bring the drink firmly into sour territory.
White Negroni Sour
Orlando Franklin McCray | New York City
- 1 1/4 ounces gin, preferably Cadenhead’s Old Raj 55% ABV
- 1 1/2 ounces blanc quinquina, preferably Mattei Cap Corse Blanc
- 3/4 ounce Suze
- 1/2 ounce cane sugar syrup (1:1, cane sugar:hot water)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 7 drops Ms. Better’s Bitters Miraculous Foamer
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with four or five ice cubes.
- Shake for 30 seconds then strain into a chilled rocks glass with ice.