Star first came across this oddball, white crème de cacao-spiked recipe about seven years ago, flipping through an old copy of Trader Vic’s Bartender’s Guide and has since applied her own personal tweaks: crushed ice instead of cubed (a more refreshing format), dry Curaçao in lieu of Cointreau (tempering the sweetness) and no powdered sugar (too messy).
- 1/2 lime, juiced (Retain shell for decoration)
- 1/2 ounce dry Curaçao
- 1/2 ounce white crème de cacao
- 1 ounce overproof rum, preferably Wray & Nephew
- Soda water, to top
Garnish: hollow lime, mint
- Combine all ingredients in a Collins glass filled with crushed ice.
- Swizzle to integrate.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with hollow lime and mint.