In Whitechapel’s Ford Cocktail, Keli Rivers combines Old Tom gin with blanc vermouth and a splash of Bénédictine for a cocktail that drinks like a Martini, but with more complexity and crucially, fewer preconceptions.
- 1 1/2 ounces Old Tom gin, preferably Jensen
- 1 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 1/4 ounce Bénédictine
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: expressed orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and stir with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Express an orange peel over the drink and discard.