William Elliott’s take on the Cape Codder hews closely to the original recipe, with a few small upgrades: building on a base of Axberg vodka, his drink calls on a half-ounce of cranberry cordial and gets added depth from a dash of Angostura, plus a touch of fizz with its soda water topper.
- 2 ounces vodka, preferably Axberg
- 1/2 ounce cranberry cordial (See Editor's Note)
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- soda water, to top
Garnish: lime wedge
- Combine all ingredients, except the soda water, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Top with soda through a fine strainer.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
1 quart frozen cranberries
1 quart sugar
1 quart water
1 allspice berry
Combine all ingredients in a blender and express one lime peel into the mixture. Bottle and store in the refrigerator.