With his Mint Julep recipe, which took second place in our recent blind tasting, William Elliott once again proves his expertise in the realm of classic cocktails, offering a fine-tuned recipe that calls on both bourbon and rye alongside a small measure of demerara syrup and a dash of Angostura bitters, finished with an extravagant bouquet of mint.
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 1/4 ounce demerara syrup (2:1, sugar:water)
- 1 ounce bourbon, preferably Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel
- 1 ounce rye, preferably Russell's Reserve Single Barrel
Garnish: extravagant mint bouquet, two small straws
- Build all ingredients in a julep cup.
- Hand-crack ice into julep cup until half full.
- Briefly stir.
- Top with a slight mound of hand-cracked ice.
- Garnish with a mint bouquet and two small straws.