William Elliott tweaks the classic Martini recipe with a few additions. Gentian-based Avèze, less harsh than its other golden counterparts like Suze and Salers, works together with a blackcurrant cassis to mellow out the drink for a fruity, floral finish.
- 1 3/4 ounce gin, preferably Xoriguer Gin de Mahon
- 3/4 ounce dry vermouth, preferably La Quintinye Vermouth Royal Extra Dry
- 1/2 ounce Avèze
- 1/4 ounce cassis, preferably Jacoulot Crème de Cassis de Dijon
- 3 drops rose flower water
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.