Garret Richard’s credits include founding the Brooklyn Luau, where he initially debuted this Jungle Bird variation. “It was bitter and a little bit light and had that weird orange-chocolate thing going on,” he recalls. “People loved it.”
- 3/4 ounce rum, preferably Coruba
- 3/4 ounce rum, preferably Smith and Cross
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Dolin Blanc
- 1/2 ounce creme de cacao, preferably Tempus Fugit
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
Garnish: lime boat and an orchid
- In a shaker tin, combine all ingredients except garnishes and shake with three cubes of ice.
- Strain into a snifter over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a lime boat and an orchid.