Westerners might describe the Calpico Fizz as a “Tom Collins with yuzu and Calpico.” In Japan, it might be classified as an updated version of “Chu-hi,” which is essentially a shochu highball. Chu-hi is a common drink found in many izakaya around Japan, coming in different varieties such as Calpico Chu-hi, Oolong Tea Chu-hi and many more.
Serving: 1 drink
- 2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Calpico
- 1/2 ounce cane syrup
- 2 teaspoons yuzu preserves
- 1 ounce club soda
Garnish: calpico marshmallow
- Add all ingredients except for club soda in a shaker.
- Use a hand mixer to dissolve yuzu preserves thoroughly.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a highball glass.
- Top with club soda, and garnish with a calpico marshmallow.