Legendary bartender Dale DeGroff dates this cocktail back to the late 1990s and early aughts when yuzu juice was a novelty ingredient purloined from the kitchen at the start of the culinary cocktail movement.
- 1 1/2 ounces dry gin, preferably Bombay white label
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce yuzu juice
- 1 ounce triple syrup (see Editor's Note)
Garnish: thin lime wheel and shiso leaf
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and add ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the lime wheel and shiso leaf.
1 part simple syrup
½ part agave syrup
¼ part honey syrup
Mix together. Keeps, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.
Dissolve equal parts by volume of agave nectar and water.
Combine 1 part honey with 1 part warm water and stir until all the honey is dissolved.
Dissolve equal parts by volume of granulated sugar and water. This can be done by the cold method of simply shaking the mixture until the sugar is dissolved or by warming the sugar and water in a saucepan without boiling.