Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Marijuana continues to prosper in California’s wine country.
– A boycott of Ballast Point has been called for following apparent ties between the beer brand and Paul Ryan.
– October offers insight on the current rate of craft breweries that are closing.
– Brian Bartels explores the murky origins of the Bloody Mary.
– Utah is considering lifting it’s “Zion Curtain,” which requires drink-making to be hidden from view.
– Finally, according to Eric Alperin, obsessive habits can be beneficial behind the bar.
[Photo: Flickr/Evan Blaser]