Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The Nomad’s Daniel Humm and Will Guidara are planning to open a downtown LA location of the award-winning restaurant and bar.
– The same duo who brought us breathable alcohol has now created bitters made from real human tears.
– NASA has developed a new cup that allows astronauts to drink without the aid of a straw.
– Winemakers in Alsace are looking to gain grand cru status for their pinot noir.
– A group of concerned beer-loving citizens in Oregon are trying to stop the merger between AB InBev and SABMiller.
– Bars and restaurants around Beijing are seeing business drop with the rise of smog levels in the capital city; in response, some are coming up with creative incentives to encourage customers to go out.
– An upcoming New Year’s Eve party in Atlantic City is hoping to break a world record for most Champagne bottles popped at one time.
– Finally, one beer mile champ shares the secret to race time success: a pre-run burp.