Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Brisbane-based Good Beer Company is putting at least half of their profits toward saving the Great Barrier Reef.
– The FDA’s new mandate to include calorie counts on menus could cost microbreweries that distribute to restaurants a lot of money.
– Japan’s growing market for wine happens to also include a flourishing trend towards wine baths.
– Dogfish Head Brewery is releasing what will be “the hoppiest beer ever documented through scientific analysis,” coming in at 658 IBUs.
– In an effort to curb underage drinking, Malaysia plans to up their official drinking age from 18 to 21.
– New studies have found that mixing alcohol with diet sodas actually increases breath alcohol levels.
– You might see little more rye whiskey than bourbon on the table this holiday season.
– Finally, Lady Colin Campbell, who ranks among Britain’s most entertaining socialites, scandalized party guests by bringing a four pack of Tesco brand lager to a high-society bash.
[Photo: Flickr/Arvind Grover]