Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In Santa Barbara, a new wine and film festival serves wine from the producers featured onscreen, including Into the Bottle and the mock-umentary Plonk.
– Slate explores the metaphorical guy-you-want-to-have-a-beer-with metric when it comes to Presidents, and the voting appeal of (non-drinker) Donald Trump.
– In the Languedoc, a carpenter made a 40-ton barrel capable of holding 300,000 liters of wine.
– French winery Vinovalie has been fined €10,000 for illegal rosé production; the vineyard was mixing red and white wines post-fermentation.
– A Breaking Bad-inspired coffee shop will open in Brooklyn.
– Finally, in a visit to Dublin, Houston Texans star J.J. Watt received a personalized line of beer from Guinness, named after his jersey number, 99.