Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Often overlooked on store shelves and wine lists, Hungarian wine has a long and storied history that dates back as early as the third-century B.C.
– Oak Bottle is “hacking” traditional whiskey production and decreasing aging time.
– Indonesian coffee production is slated to drop 20% next year due to the strongest El Niño in almost two decades.
– Watch how astronaut Tim Peake makes coffee in zero gravity aboard the International Space Station.
– Brewpublik hopes to be the Netflix of beer, delivering curated choices of craft beer to your home.
– Claiming that diet drinks might be better than water to help consumers lose weight, a Bristol University weight loss study received funding from Coke and Pepsi.
– Finally, in an interview with Radio Times, Michael Caine admits to a “bottle of vodka a day” habit early in his career to cope with on-set stress.
[Photo: Flickr/Mike Mozart]