Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A study from Oxford University claims that music can make wine taste better.
– New Zealand exported $1.54 billion worth of wine in 2015, making significant headway onto American store shelves.
– As craft brands like Tito’s eat at their market share, Absolut and Smirnoff are lowering prices and making attempts at rebranding to maintain their standing in America’s $18 billion vodka market.
– Death Wish Coffee, a small roaster in upstate New York, won a $5 million, 30-second commercial slot during the Super Bowl, thanks to a small business contest sponsored by Intuit Quickbooks.
– In Tennessee, mixing Mountain Dew and racing fuel is a dangerous new trend.
– As wineglasses get supersized, drinking guidelines are becoming muddied.
– Finally, the founder of LUCKYRICE on her favorite night markets—including Taiwan’s Snake Alley, where patrons drink snake blood to fight impotence.
[Photo: Flickr/Daniel Lee]