Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Wild Turkey’s logo has been revamped to feature a larger, older and more distinguished bird, to highlight the bourbon’s aging process and prestige.
– A brief history of the Australian “goon bag,” or box of wine.
– A winery in California’s Santa Lucia Highlands is using drones to monitor their vineyards.
– A report claims that caffeine from coffee, tea and chocolate does not cause heart palpitations, heart fluttering and other out-of-sync heartbeat patterns.
– Eater breaks down the owners of some popular liquors bearing seemingly independent labels, making for a “who’s who” of big brands.
– Finally, here’s what studying for and taking the Certified Sommelier Examination is really like.
[Photo: Flickr/Selma Broeder]