Shannon Ponche’s Autotheory doubles down on eau de vie, featuring both carrot and ginger expressions from Reisetbauer, along with amontillado sherry, blanc vermouth and honey for a drink bursting with layers of flavor.
- 1 1/2 ounces blanc vermouth, preferably Lustau
- 1 1/2 ounces amontillado sherry, preferably Lustau Los Arcos
- 1 teaspoon honey syrup (2:1, wildflower honey:warm water)
- 1 teaspoon carrot eau de vie, preferably Reisetbauer
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger eau de vie, preferably Reisetbauer
Garnish: expressed lemon peel, discarded
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass with no ice.
- Garnish with an expressed lemon peel, then discard.