For the spirit base of his Savannah Sour, Mike Capoferri uses an iSi canister to rapidly infuse Bulleit bourbon with cacao nibs to lend the whiskey a subtle nutty, bitter chocolate flavor.
- 60 grams cacao nibs
- 400 milliliters Bulleit bourbon
- 1 iSi whipper
- 2 nitrous oxide chargers
- Add cacao nibs and bourbon to the iSi whipper.
- Close the canister, checking that the O-ring is in place in the lid, charge and shake.
- Remove first cartridge, change to a second cartridge.
- Charge, then shake again.
- Holding the canister upright, de-gas it slowly into an angled cup.
- Once the gas has been released, unscrew the lid, and wait until boiling subsides.
- Fine-strain and store in an airtight container.