With its equal-parts formula of gin, red bitters and sweet vermouth, the Negroni is a drink that is democratic in its ease and convenience yet also conveys a sense of cosmopolitan sophistication—whether you’re drinking one at an al fresco café or leaning against your kitchen counter. Partnering Botanic Bitter with Antica Formula vermouth is a natural match of two like-minded spirits that, when combined with London dry gin, result in a deep, rich, bittersweet experience.
- 1 ounce Carpano Botanic Bitter
- 1 ounce Carpano Antica Formula vermouth
- 1 ounce gin, preferably London dry
Garnish: orange peel
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Fill with ice, and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with an orange peel.