In Spanish, margarita means “daisy,” which explains the name of this stirred Margarita variation. “When I think about a Margarita, I think about a drink that is a balance of salty, acidic, sweet and spirituous,” Favre says. This version “hits all the same notes as a Margarita, but has a completely different texture.”
- 1 1/2 ounces El Tesoro Blanco tequila
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce Wölffer Estate verjus
- 1/4 ounce Lustau fino sherry
- 1 dash Scrappy’s lime bitters
- 1 dash saline solution (10 percent)
Garnish: lime twist
- Stir all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Express lime twist over the drink, then garnish with the twist.