The Diamondback is one of the gems of the pre-Prohibition canon, a potent mixture of rye, applejack and herbaceous yellow Chartreuse. The Diamond Rye Back taps into the famous whiskey drink’s legacy, brightening the powerful alpine profile of green Chartreuse with dashes of sherry and crème de peche. A grapefruit twist highlights the delicate citrus character of Belvedere Vodka’s Lake Bartężek, from the Single Estate Rye series, as layer gives way to layer in this lush variation on the original.
- 2 ounces Belvedere Lake Bartężek vodka
- 1/2 ounce crème de peche
- 1/2 ounce amontillado sherry
- 1/4 ounce green Chartreuse
- 1 dash anise
Garnish: grapefruit twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist.