This isn’t a Hemingway Daiquiri; it’s a spritz inspired by the time American writer Hemingway spent living in Cuba. A housemade “coconut soda” crafted from carbonated coconut water adds tropical appeal.
- 1 1/2 ounces ITALICUS Rosolio di Bergamotto liqueur
- 1 ounce fino sherry
- 1/2 ounce butterfly pea flower syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces coconut soda (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: lemon leaf
- Shake first four ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass over a Collins ice stick.
- Top with coconut soda.
- Garnish with the lemon leaf.
Butterfly Pea Flower Syrup
Combine equal parts brewed butterfly pea flower tea and cane sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
Combine 2 cups coconut water with a couple of dashes of coconut extract. Carbonate using an iSi soda siphon and two CO2 cartridges.