From Boston’s The Hawthorne comes Jackson Cannon’s cucumber vodka-and-Chartreuse highball, the Phil Collins, which mixes music with wordplay. Developed in jest, the drink has become so popular that the bar now hosts a party each year commemorating the Genesis singer’s birthday.
Jackson Cannon, The Hawthorne | Boston
- 1 1/2 ounces cucumber vodka, preferably Square One
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1/2 ounce yellow Chartreuse
- dash cranberry bitters
- soda, to top
- Combine all ingredients in shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into Collins glass and top with soda.