Designed to be non-alcoholic, the Zirconia can also be ordered with alcohol. The base of the drink is a house-made seasonal shrub made with fruits and vegetables like cucumbers and persimmon, fresh citrus and a dash of water-soluble CBD, all topped with tonic or soda water.
- 2 ounces seasonal shrub (see Editor's Note)
- 3/4 ounce lemon or lime juice
- 1 dash water soluble CBD
- 2 ounces tonic or soda water, to top
Garnish: seasonal fruit or herbs of your choosing
- Combine all ingredients except for the tonic or soda water in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice and top with tonic or soda water.
- Garnish with seasonal fruit or herbs of your choosing.
To emulate Georgia James's homemade shrub, use a 2:1 ratio of your favorite fruit or vegetable-based vinegar (such as Acid League Strawberry Rose Vinegar) to simple syrup. Store bought shrub, such as Shrub & Co, will work as a substitute.