Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– New trials have suggested that the drug commonly used to help alcoholics control their addictions, Antabuse, may also be effective in flushing dormant HIV from infected individuals.
– A judge has ruled that the individual who tipped police off to the leaders of a bourbon theft ring will remain anonymous.
– Champagne producers are developing new strategies for combating the effects of climate change on their grapes, including making a more conscious switch from chemical to natural fertilizers.
– Diageo has created a new “experimental” craft whiskey branch within the company.
– Finally, one British potato-farmer-turned-gin-maker is hoping to cash in on the U.S. gin market.
[Photo: Flickr/Rich Bowen]