Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Following its recent release in Canada, Drake’s whiskey has quickly become the top selling liquor in the country.
– In their latest edition of thematic menus, New York’s Pouring Ribbons pays tribute to literary greats from Joseph Conrad to the Brothers Grimm.
– Under new rules by the Obama administration, travelers to Cuba will be allowed to bring back unlimited quantities of rum so long as it is for personal use.
– Craft beer is on the rise in South America where light, low-alcohol lagers have long comprised the majority of the market.
– Scientists have developed an artificial ‘tongue’ that they claim is capable of determining the age and quality of wine.
– Finally, Thrillist analyzes the impact on consumers of craft brewery acquisitions by Big Beer brands.
[Photo: Flickr/Chris Brown]