Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Starbucks has released their signature red holiday cups just a day after Halloween.
– Guinness is going vegan: Many were surprised to learn that fish bladders had previously been used in the beer’s filtration process.
– It’s International Sherry Week!
– While the past few years have seen growing demand for fine wines in China, the country’s appetite may be declining.
– Stone Brewing Co. is coming to Richmond, VA, with the help of millions from the state’s government.
– This Thursday, Scotland’s oldest working distillery will attempt to break the world record for most people to raise a dram in a toast at the same moment.
– Momofuku beverage director Jordan Salcito proves that being pregnant and working as a sommelier are not mutually exclusive.
– Finally, a Welsh man woke up with literal beer goggles tattooed onto his face two years ago, and he just got them removed.
[Photo: Flickr/Ignacio Palomo Duarte]