Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-osphere:
– A UK government study suggests that guidelines for alcohol are largely being ignored by the public.
– Gastric bypass surgery may drastically lower one’s tolerance for alcohol.
– Pennsylvania has some of the strictest liquor laws in the country—and hospitality pros are fighting to change them.
– Georgian wines are being rejected from the Russian market allegedly because of quality control laws, though the reality may have more to do with politics.
– The American beer industry has become so massive that it now beats out the wine and video game industries.
– India is feeling the craft beer craze, as well: tons of microbreweries are changing the game there.
– Finally, Alton Brown has resolved to give up alcohol for a year; instead, he’ll be sipping on sparkling water with a few dashes of bitters.
[Photo: Flickr/Harald Groven]