Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Two men were arrested in Montreal in connection with what appeared to be a Passover-related bootlegging, with police seizing nearly 8,000 bottles of Kosher wine.
– In Chile’s Atacama Desert, the most arid place in the world, researchers are using a patented technique to harvest moisture from fog—and using the condensed water to brew beer.
– From Bud Lite to PBR, here are the most popular beers in each state.
– Bourbon lovers and collectors alike are lining up to nab a special edition bottle that commemorates the racehorse American Pharoah’s Triple Crown victory.
– Drake’s whiskey brand, Virginia Black, is now available in California, New York and Nevada.
– Venezuelan brewing company Empresas Polar has shut down its three plants, leaving the country with just one week’s supply of beer.
– Wholesale tequila sales in British Columbia have risen by almost 40 percent in the past four years.
– Finally, Donald Trump’s hardline positions on immigration and international trade have put him at odds with wine industry lobbyists.
[Photo: Flickr/Nico Kaiser]