Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A British wine boom is on the horizon as 1 million new vines have been planted this year.
– The vineyards of Burgundy will soon be protected by a high-tech hail shield.
– A portion of the proceeds from Canada’s Fake News Ale will go towards organizations impacted by the current Trump administration.
– Angered over cheap Spanish imports, some French winemakers protested by destroying Spanish boxed wines in local supermarkets.
– Finally, a California distillery is turning bagels into whiskey.
[Photo: Flickr/Brian J. Geiger]