In a blind-tasting of 10 Ramos Gin Fizzes from some of America’s best bartenders, this version of the NOLA classic from Alex Jump of Death & Co. Denver made the cut with a surprising technique that gives the drink a singular softness.
- 2 ounces Plymouth gin
- 1 ounce simple syrup, (1:1, sugar to water)
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 egg white
- 6 drops orange flower water
- 2 ounces club soda
- Combine all ingredients except club soda in a mixing tin, then dry shake.
- Add three ice cubes to the tin, and shake until nearly dissolved.
- Double-strain into a Collins glass, and top with club soda until the drink's meringue rises above the lip of the glass.