Shae Minnillo describes his Chesapeake Junction as a”grapefruit bomb.” Featuring the bitter citrus three ways, this beefed-up sour, built on absinthe and brandy, highlights the ability of Pamplemousse to enhance similar flavors.
- 3 dashes grapefruit bitters
- 1/4 ounce cane syrup
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce absinthe, preferably Kübler
- 1/2 ounce Pamplemousse , preferably Giffard
- 1 1/2 ounces apple brandy, preferably Laird's
- Shake all ingredients until chilled then strain into a cocktail glass.