Bartender Jelani Johnson, a former rum distiller himself, looked to the early mornings of his distilling days as inspiration for this highball, which uses as a base premium BACARDÍ Añejo Cuatro Rum. Inspired by what he knowingly calls “a distiller’s morning coffee,” he builds upon the rich backbone of molasses and baking spice present in Fever-Tree Distillers Cola to offer a tropical twist on the classic Rum & Cola.
- 3 ounces Fever-Tree Distillers Cola
- 1 1/2 ounces BACARDÍ Añejo Cuatro Rum
- 1/2 ounce Jamaican rum
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce coffee liqueur
Garnish: pineapple fronds, swizzle stick, lemon wheel
- Pour Fever-Tree Distillers Cola into a highball glass over ice.
- Shake rums, juices and liqueur, then strain over cola.
- Garnish with pineapple fronds, a swizzle stick and a lemon wheel. Serve with a straw.