From London, the home of the original Vodka Espresso, this frozen version was developed to showcase a light-roasted Ethiopian coffee on offer from Ace’s Bulldog Edition coffee shop. Demerara sugar helps coax out delicate floral notes from the coffee, McIntyre says, to keep the drink “light and delicate.”
- 1 ounce vodka, preferably Aylesbury Duck
- 2 ounces coffee, brewed and chilled
- 3/4 ounce demerara syrup (1:1, demerara sugar:water)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients with 2 scoops of crushed ice.
- Pulse on high speed until mixed into frozen consistency.
- Pour into chilled espresso or cappuccino cup and serve with a straw.