Ivy Mix’s take on the Michelada swaps the tomato base with a citrusy, spicy sangrita. Traditionally taken with a shot of tequila, the sangrita here highlights the origins of this south-of-the-border classic.
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces papaya and carrot sangrita (see Editor's Note)
- beer, to top, preferably Pacifico or Negro Modelo
Garnish: lime wedge
- Rim glass with salt.
- Combine all ingredients except beer in glass and add ice.
- Top with beer (Pacifico in warm months, Negro Modelo in colder months).
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Papaya and Carrot Sangrita:
12 ounces papaya puree, preferably Perfect Puree
12 ounces carrot juice
2 1/2 ounces lime juice
2 ounces orange juice
1 teaspoon ground dry guajillo
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground dry chipotle
Blend all ingredients together and store.