This twist on the classic Negroni uses Vermouth del Professore Classico, an aromatized wine made from moscato grapes and based on a recipe created by The Jerry Thomas Project. The vermouth is made in collaboration with Piedmont’s Distilleria Quaglia.
- 1 1/2 ounces London dry gin
- 1 ounce vermouth, preferably Vermouth del Professore
- 1 ounce Campari Bitter
- 2 dashes bergamot bitters
- soda, to top
Garnish: lemon zest
- Place a large ice cube in an Old-Fashioned glass and add the gin, Campari, bitters and soda.
- Stir, garnish with lemon zest and serve.