- 2 ounces blended white rum
- 1/4 ounce pineapple shrub (see Editor's Note)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3/4 ounce lime juice (plus the spent hull)
- 4 ripe pineapple chunks
- In a shaker tin, muddle pineapple chunks along with the pineapple shrub and sugar.
- Add lime juice and the spent hull, rum and 2 ice cubes.
- Shake for 10 seconds and strain into a coupe filled with shaved ice.
1 quart pineapple juice pulp (leftover from juicing a pineapple)
1 quart simple syrup
2 cinnamon sticks
5 green cardamom pods
2 star anise pods
20 allspice berries
20 black peppercorns
3 ounces Rice wine vinegar
Combine pineapple, simple syrup and cracked spices in a container. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 2 to 4 days. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Add rice wine vinegar to the desired acidity level.
NB: Store-bought pineapple shrub, such as Crafted Cocktails' Pineapple can be used as a substitute.