This spritz variation is “an anytime cocktail,” says Proprietors lead developer Lauren Corriveau, meaning it’s “appropriate for any season and super sessionable.” While Lillet Blanc provides the wine element, the Jin Jiji provides structure and an herbaceous complexity that helps to ground the apricot and provide a foil for the bitterness of the tonic.
Round and Around
Lauren Corriveau, Proprietors LLC | Los Angeles, California
- 1 ½ ounces Lillet Blanc
- 1 ounce Jin Jiji India Dry Gin
- ¼ ounce lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apricot marmalade, preferably Bonne Maman
- 3 ounces Fever-Tree Indian Tonic
Garnish: basil bouquet, manicured lemon peel
- Shake first four ingredients with ice.
- Fine-strain into a wine glass over fresh ice.
- Top with tonic.
- Lightly tap the basil bouquet to release fragrance, then insert the bouquet with a lemon peel to garnish.