The winter version of Lafayette’s seasonally changing staple—hence, the name Saisonnière, which means “seasonal” in French—is a riff on the basic sour. The New York restaurant mixes rich demerara syrup with lemon, autumnal poire Williams, sage and vodka for an easy-going, cold-weather refresher.
- 1 ounce vodka
- 3/4 ounce Poire Williams (preferably Trimbach)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce demerara syrup (1:1, demerara sugar: water)
Garnish: sage leaf and a lemon twist
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a sage leaf and a lemon twist.