Al Sotack, currently partner at Brooklyn bar Jupiter Disco, developed this version of the classic Bronx cocktail for now-closed Philly bar Franklin Mortgage and Investment Co in 2013. “I wanted to push back on the idea that the Bronx is a shitty cocktail,” he recalls of his inspiration.
- 2 ounces Old Tom gin, preferably 1 ½ ounces Haymans and ½ ounce Ransom
- 1/2 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano
- 1 teaspoon pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 9 drops Bitter End BBQ Bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with lemon twist.