In stirred drinks, Pamplemousse can add body and texture without pumping up a drink’s ABV. Here, the grapefruit liqueur stands up to three hard-hitting ingredients: blackstrap rum, overproof brandy and amaro. An amalgamation of many of Shae Minnillo’s obsessions over the years, the stirred combination of fruity and bitter makes for an unexpectedly balanced drink.
- 1/2 ounce Pamplemousse, preferably Giffard
- 1/2 ounce Cruzan Blackstrap Rum
- 1/2 ounce Ramazzotti
- 1 1/4 ounces Cognac, higher proof recommended
Garnish: discarded orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and stir.
- Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass.
- Express orange peel over the surface and discard.