In stirred drinks, Pamplemousse can add body and texture without pumping up a drink’s ABV. Here, the grapefruit liqueur stands up to three hard-hitting ingredients: blackstrap rum, overproof brandy and amaro. An amalgamation of many of Shae Minnillo’s obsessions over the years, the stirred combination of fruity and bitter makes for an unexpectedly balanced drink.
Shae Minnillo, Maison Premiere | Brooklyn, NY
- 1/2 ounce Pamplemousse, preferably Giffard
- 1/2 ounce Cruzan Blackstrap Rum
- 1/2 ounce Ramazzotti
- 1 1/4 ounces Cognac, higher proof recommended
Garnish: discarded orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and stir.
- Strain into a stemmed cocktail glass.
- Express orange peel over the surface and discard.