Swapping French brandy for a mixture of rich Brandy de Jerez coupled with malty genever, alongsidecrème de cacao and a cocoa powder, Demario Wallace’s U Drop Inn Flip is a more robust take on the original Brandy Flip.
- 1 1/2 ounces genever, preferably Bols
- 3/4 ounce Lustau Solera Gran Reserva Brandy de Jerez
- 3/4 ounce dark crème de cacao, preferably Tempest Fugit
- 1/4 ounce palo cortado sherry, preferably Lustau Peninsula
- 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1 teaspoon amaro, preferably Nardini
- 1 dash Peychaud's bitters
- 1 whole egg
Garnish: cocoa powder, sea salt
- Combine ingredients in shaking tin without ice and dry shake.
- Add ice and shake.
- Fine strain into fizz glass and garnish.