Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Lucky Peach explores how Kosher wine, legal during Prohibition, remained popular after Repeal.
– While flavored spirits tend to generate an initial boost in sales, the fad is often short-lived.
– The creators of Portland’s Aviation Gin have sold their flagship brand to a New York marketing firm.
– Sarah Lohman dedicates much of her time to recreating historic recipes as part of her study of early eating and drinking habits.
– Finally, the Independent interviews Erik Lorincz, head bartender at The Savoy.
[Photo: Flickr/darwin Bell]