Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The success of two Myanmar vineyards could signal the start of a flourishing wine industry in the region.
– The world of bartending is up in arms over Jon Taffer, host of the popular television show, “Bar Rescue,” and his lack of industry knowledge.
– In memory of Phife Dawg, co-founder of A Tribe Called Quest, Mumford Brewing Co. in downtown Los Angeles has released a beer in tribute to the late hip-hop legend.
– Margins Wine, a nascent California winery, explores the market potential of unusual wines.
– Winston Churchill’s fiscal excesses and penchant for Champagne left the late leader in severe debt to his wine merchant.
– COS, a Sicilian winery, takes a biodynamic approach to viticulture with wine aged in amphorae rather than in barrels.
– Finally, Maggie Gyllenhaal will star in three short films for Jameson Whiskey.