Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– PDT has opened a pop-up serving tequila and hot dogs in Barcelona’s Mandarin Oriental hotel.
– The waning Russian wine industry has received an unexpected boost from Western sanctions.
– New York City’s Booker and Dax will close after a five year run at the back of Momofuku Ssäm bar.
– Formal education in the wine and beer industries is on the rise as universities increasingly offer degrees in viticulture and brewing.
– Finally, as climate change threatens to shorten the grape harvesting season, winemakers are scrambling to stay ahead.
[Photo: Flickr/Edsel Little]